Our Benefit Advisors recommend these five ways to get the most out of your Medicare plan.
1. Know Your Networks – Using physicians, specialists, or pharmacies that are out of network can be very costly. Before making an appointment, check to see if that provider is in your plan. It’s important to note that even when a hospital refers you to another doctor or specialist, it doesn’t mean they’re in your network. When in doubt, check them out. Medicare Supplement beneficiaries can use any provider that accepts Medicare, however it is important to note that all Prescription Drug Plans have a network of preferred pharmacies. Fill your prescriptions at these pharmacies in order to get the most cost savings.
2. Use Your Preventive Care Benefits – Your Grandmother was right. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Many Medicare plans provide benefits for preventive care at little to no cost. Studies have shown that preventive care can save lives. Using these benefits allow you to take care of health problems before they become serious.
3. Be Rewarded by Staying Active – Physical activity is vital to maintaining good health. Many Medicare plans provide fitness benefits such as free gym memberships, discounted personal training, and even financial incentives to stay active.
4. Keep Up to Date With Your Plan Changes – Medicare plans can change from year to year, so it is important to stay informed. Make sure to keep an eye out for your Annual Notice of Change every year in the fall. In addition to plan changes, your needs may have changed, so be informed.
5. Review your Medicare Plan Annually – One of the biggest mistakes people can make is to auto-enroll in the same Medicare plan year after year without checking what other plans are offering. This is important because Medicare contracts with private insurance companies offering a variety of different coverage options. Every plan is different, that is why Seniority Benefit Group is here to assist you in the process of finding the right one for you.